Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hickory Run State Park

This weekend the weather was unseasonably warm, in the forties, a perfect opportunity for some winter hiking in Hickory Run State Park.


Rhododendrons line the creek, a perfect contrast of dark green against white snow and flowing water.


I love forests of conifers providing plenty of greenery, even in winter.


The creek is partially frozen in spots.


I love the sound of hiking along water.


Sand Spring Lake was frozen over, but starting to thaw, creating patterns of swirls in the ice.


A popular tourist destination in summer, now quiet  and covered with ice and snow.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger troutbirder said...

Hiking in a beautiful state park is as good as it gets. Me and my GSD (Baron) do that a lot...:)peperu3011

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks for visiting troutbirder! Yes, our State and National Parks are absolutely beautiful!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Happy New Year, Anne. I hope that it is a great one for you. I can remember camping in that park with my dad, a brother, and a sister when I was a kid. I don't remember a lot about it, but I enjoyed visiting once again via your nice photos. Art

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Art, Happy New Year! Glad you enjoyed the photos, it was a beautiful park, can't wait to see it in Spring also!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This pictures are amazing. I like this website. It's so variety.. :)

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Antonina! I'm glad you enjoy my photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter