Sunday, October 28, 2012

French Creek State Park, Berks County, Pennsylvania

This weekend was a perfect time for a hike in French Creek State Park. This is the last hike before Hurricane Sandy pummels our area and likely takes down the last remnants of Autumn leaves. It was a surprisingly warm day, a bit of misty rain in the morning and some cloud cover, but otherwise very pleasant hiking weather.


Grey clouds over Hopewell Lake in the morning, but the brilliant colors of Autumn are still here.


Much of the trail is under forest cover. I felt surrounded by the gorgeous yellow, orange and crimson colors of the season.


I love the smells of Autumn, and the sound of leaves crunching underfoot.


Vivid yellow everywhere.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Looks like a fun hike, Anne. I remember going there as a kid. I love the autumn leaf sounds and smells, too. It is a special time of you. Stay safe in the big storm. I hope that you are enjoying your new job. Art

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

of year...

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Art! Yes, Autumn is so beautiful: sights, sounds, smell... love it! So far so good with the storm, although the neighbor's tree is in my yard! New job is going great! Enjoy the rest of the season!
Anne

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Yikes but better that than in your house. I've really enjoyed autumn a lot this year, and gotten in some good hikes. Glad the job is going so well, Anne. Art

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Art!
Anne

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anne:

David here in Baltimore, MD. Wanted to reach out to you regarding a painting you posted of Franklin R Street portrait painted in 1841. I am trying to find out more about the artist. You appear to have an interest and perhaps some background in art. Are you able to help me in this effort?

David
Dabensha@aol.com

PS: enjoyed reading your blog.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi David, I saw that painting at the Philadelphia Museum of Art (http://www.philamuseum.org/exhibitions/386.html). I would suggest you contact them for more information, or if you want to view the painting yourself, I'm sure you would enjoy a visit to the museum! Yes, I have an interest in art, but no special expertise at all, I'm just a person who likes to go to museums occasionally and view art! Best of luck in your research, and thanks for contacting me!
Anne

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi David,

One more quick update, it appears that painting was on loan to the museum, so if you do travel there to see it, you may want to check first to see if it is still there!

Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter