Sunday, December 19, 2010

Two Buttons in Frenchtown, New Jersey

Friday I traveled to Frenchtown, New Jersey to visit one of my favorite stores, Two Buttons. They sell imported objects from all over the world; most of their collection is from Bali and India.
I bought a trekking hat from Nepal. If I ever am fortunate enough to travel there I will make sure to wear it! I was also lucky enough to spot the famous author Liz Gilbert (of "Eat, Pray, Love" fame) and have her sign my book! She was in and out of the store so quickly, but I recognized her and the salesperson who encouraged me to buy my Nepalese hat told me to run out to my car and grab my book and she'd have Liz sign it for me.

I couldn't take pictures inside the store, but here is the statue of the Buddha giving a sermon.

Saturday I went to a friend's party in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. We walked around downtown looking at all the beautiful Christmas lights. It was absolutely gorgeous!

I've had a very relaxing holiday season so far. Got my cards out early and my Christmas shopping done early. All the gifts are wrapped! I made a batch of vegan chocolate chip peanut butter cookies which are already almost gone!

2 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Hi Anne - I have this vision of you trekking in Nepal wearing your hat, drinking a mug of hot tea with some of the locals, and taking beautiful photographs to share with the world through your blog. A very Merry Christmas to you, and an incredible 2011! Art

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Art,
Wouldn't that be wonderful!!!
Have a very Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years to you and your family!
Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter