Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ricketts Glen State Park, Pennsylvania

Today was a beautiful day for hiking in Ricketts Glen State Park. Temperatures had finally cooled to the mid eighties and the day was slightly breezy and clear.

At 94 feet high, Ganoga Falls is the highest waterfall in the park.

At least 25 waterfalls are in this beautiful park.

Stunning scenery is around every bend.

The 36 foot high Sheldon Reynolds Falls was a nice place to relax and eat lunch.

The 27 foot high Harrison Wright Falls is my favorite waterfall in the park. I love the luminescent green color of the water below.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Really beautiful, Anne. Glad it was fun (and refreshing) for you. Ricketts Glenn is one I see mentioned often in my Backpacker Magazine as a notable hike. I hope to hike it someday, it looks lovely.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Art! Yes, Ricketts Glen is a beautiful park, one of the best hikes I've been on in Pennsylvania!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter