Friday, July 31, 2009

Day at the Jersey Shore, and Ethiopian Food in Philadelphia

Today I went to Ocean City, New Jersey for a day of sun and sand. The weather prediction was for scattered thunderstoms, but the weather forecast was wrong, as they sometimes are. I had a warm, bright mostly sunny day, with a slight breeze off the ocean. The thunderstorm rolled in at the end of the day as I was driving home.

It was a great day to splash in the ocean, walk the shoreline, and catch some rays. Of course I walked the boardwalk to browse through some shore kitsch, sample some boardwalk food, and do some people watching. It was somewhat nostalgic for me as I remembered some of my family vacations from childhood. It has been a very long time since I went to the Jersey shore, and many things are still the same!

A pier juts into the ocean.

Colorful umbrellas


On the way home, I tried Ethiopian food for the first time, at Abyssinia Ethiopian Restaurant in West Philadelphia. I had the vegetarian platter. We scooped up the food with the flat, thin, spongy, tangy injera bread. The food reminded me of the lentil dahls of Indian cuisine, but it had its own unique Ethiopian spices. It was a little bit hot. I highly recommend it and hope to try it again some time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter