Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wissahickon Park, Chestnut Hill

Today we went on a brisk walk through Wissahickon Park in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia. The Wissahickon Park is a great hike for late winter when you want to get a little elevation change to start preparing for Spring hiking season! The trails wind along the Wissahickon Creek and up and down the gorge. We kept a quick pace in order to stay warm on a chilly day. We had a nice lunch at Top of the Hill restaurant. Later, I wandered through Chestnut Hill and found a well-stocked and diverse Farmer's Market. I found Indian, Mexican, Japanese, and Korean food. I also found a Ten Thousand Villages store and bought a pair of blue glass earrings from India. I treated myself to some Starbucks coffee for the trek back to my car!

Most of the day looked like this. Still no signs of Spring, but we know it is right around the corner.

Some ducks and geese brave the chilly weather.

I'm not quite sure what to think of this, but I just had to take a picture.

Ah, I see, bears seem to be a Chestnut Hill theme.

Another bear, this one with some sea life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter