Saturday, December 27, 2008

Two Buttons, Frenchtown, New Jersey

Today I ventured to "Two Buttons" in Frenchtown, New Jersey owned by Jose Nunes and Elizabeth Gilbert (of "Eat, Pray, Love" fame). Jose and Liz gather exotic treasures from their travels all around the world. When I walked in the door, Jose cordially greeted me with my choice of wine or hot chocolate (hot chocolate!). I was in awe of the amazing display of beautiful statues, scarves, purses, jewelry, wall hangings, Tibetan singing bowls and more. After I made my selections, I wandered to nearby Frenchtown and had lunch at the Bridge Cafe overlooking the foggy banks of the Delaware River.

A 6000 pound white marble Buddha meditates inside the doorway.

Shiva Nataraj dances creation and destruction, and stamps away the demon of ignorance.

Nandi, the bull which is Lord Shiva's faithful companion, looks on.

A yellow lion from Bali swings from the ceiling.

A face of calm composure

Beautiful colors are everywhere.

Gold lions and vases

Circumcision ponies (don't ask)

Lord Buddha in a gesture of compassion

Thai greeting ladies

A welcoming gesture

A serene Buddha

Beautiful golden Buddhas and Bodhisattvas and a Tibetan Singing Bowl

The witch Rangda from Bali

She is battled by Barong, king of spirits and leader of the hosts of goodness. His picture turned out a little blurry in the low light, but I simply had to include him for balance!

3 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics - and what a treasure trove! So many beautiful things in one place.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger starnasia said...

thank you Anne I like your blog - I'm going to try to use it as inspiration for the Marriage one I'm working on-wanted to let you know that there are some updates on that one. Thank you for stopping by before.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Starnasia! I've been following your blog also, I've been very happy to see the new updates!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter