Friday, September 05, 2008

Late Summer in Trexler Park

I love the colors of late summer, just before the leaves begin to turn crimson, orange and yellow. The trees seem bathed in golden light, getting ready for their transformation in the months to follow. Today I took a wonderful lunchtime walk in Trexler Park. I find nature to be a source of consolation and comfort. Perhaps it's the scale of nature, tall majestic oak trees seem so strong and stable. Perhaps it's the predictable cycles of change; every Autumn the hawks feel the call of warmer climes and begin their migration, every Winter Orion shines resplendent in the sky, Spring brings the return of foliage and flowers. Or, most, likely, it's the sheer beauty of it all.

I loved the way this Sycamore seemed bathed in golden light.

Beautiful pattern on the trunk

Golden colors of late summer

These leaves seemed translucent to me.

Interesting tree with late summer berries

A close up view

Flowers growing by the stream

Sheltered by a branch of a Weeping Willow

Roses are still in bloom.

5 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Bachelor Paul said...

Hello

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Arzed said...

Hello.. greetings from Brunei Darussalam. Just blog hopping here. Interesting places. Do visit me at www.arzed.blogpspot.com

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Rosy said...

Really nice and cool blog! Very informative! Keep it up! :3

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Hi Anne - what a beautiful post this is, the way you expressed the seasons so succinctly. The photos are gorgeous. I'm afraid that had I done a lunch time walk like that, I would not have wanted to return to work! Nature is so incredible, so amazing! Art

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Bachelor Paul, Arzed, Rosy, and Art!
Yes, Art, I agree, nature is incredible and amazing! You're right, it was hard to return to work, and on a Friday too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter