Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Family Vacation in Washington, DC

This week I had a wonderful vacation in Washington, DC with two of my nephews and their families: Scott, Kendllena, Aida, Sean, Afton, and Ella Mae. I had a fabulous time visiting and meeting my two beautiful grand nieces!

On the way to Scott's apartment we walked through the National Zoo. I wanted to stop and see the pandas. Apparently, this is what pandas do much of the time.

We spent time in the stunning National Gallery of Art.

Madonna and Child triptych

Beautiful fountains

Leonardo da Vinci "Ginevra de' Benci". This is the only painting by Leonardo da Vinci in the Western Hemisphere.

Self portrait by Van Gogh

Paul Cezanne "Still Life with Peppermint Bottle"

United States Capitol

Sean, Afton, and Ella Mae

Scott, Kendllena, and Aida

The Washington Monument, an impressive structure! We took an elevator nearly to the top and had beautiful views of the Capitol, the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Jefferson Memorial. Later, I had my Passport to the National Parks stamped with my Washington visit!

The White House as seen from the Washington Monument

My adorable grand niece Ella Mae. When you ask her to smile for the camera, she always strikes a pose! She makes new friends wherever she goes.

My beautiful grand niece Aida. Her eyes are very expressive, when she is happy her entire face lights up with pure joy!

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bunch if "Hams" this Muir family is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy to hear of your visit with my children and grandchildren, Anne!!!!
You and Scott were always so kind and loving to them.
Luv,
Kim

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Kim, I had a wonderful time!!!! I really enjoyed my visit, we had so much fun together!
Love,
Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter