Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chestnut Hill and Wissahickon Park

Today was a pleasant morning walking through the pretty flower filled neighborhoods of Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, and then a brisk hike through Wissahickon Park. What a difference from a couple of weeks ago, the foliage is lush and green with new growth! White Dogwood and purple Eastern Redbud make a beautiful contrast to the greenery. Afterwards, we had a wonderful lunch outside at the charming Top of the Hill Cafe in Chestnut Hill under a Magnolia tree.

This is Wally. He thinks I would make a nice snack.

Lush gardens in the Chestnut Hill neighborhood

Redbud in vivid contrast to forest greenery in Wissahickon Park

A pretty place to sit

Along the Wissahickon Creek

New maple leaves and reflections

There are many beautiful walkways in the park

I love these pretty Spring trees so much!

Wisteria in a beautiful Chestnut Hill garden (with watercolor filter)

4 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures Anne! You really captured the vibrancy of the plantlife we saw on the hike today. Priceless picture of Wally, too!

-Jason

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Mr Sammo said...

Anne,

What a lovely blog. Your pictures are very beautiful and create a serene feeling for the reader/viewer. You seem to have a very good eye with the camera. I enjoyed perusing your expressions and impressions from the last few months.

-Sam

(I just happened to find your blog by clicking on your homepage link which I saw in one of Dawn Eden's comment boxes.)

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Margo K said...

You stubbled on my blog post "My New Spiritual Practice" and I am so glad you left a comment. The pictures of your hike remind me just how exquisite and individual each hike can be - a marvel, a jewel. I see we also share the Baha'i faith. My sister and mother have been in the faith for 30+ years and I have never pledged but respect and admire the principles of the faith tremendously! My sister introduced us to the virtue cards that I saw on one of your links. My husband and I use them with our young kids. Happy to have found your blog. Margaret.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Margaret! So glad you stopped by, hope you have many more beautiful and inspiring family hikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter