Sunday, March 09, 2008

Morning Reflections

I have been inspired by Amy and Leila's blog, Nineteen Days, in which they post photographs every morning and evening of the Nineteen Day Baha'i Fast, in which Baha'is abstain from food and drink from sunrise to sunset from March 2 to 20. Although I won't be as consistent as Amy and Leila, I will endeavor from time to time to post some photos and Writings.

O SON OF MAN! Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty.
-Baha'u'llah, The Arabic Hidden Words

I have wakened in Thy shelter, O my God, and it becometh him that seeketh that shelter to abide within the Sanctuary of Thy protection and the Stronghold of Thy defense. Illumine my inner being, O my Lord, with the splendors of the Dayspring of Thy Revelation, even as Thou didst illumine my outer being with the morning light of Thy favor.
- Bahá'u'lláh

Last night we had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Kambeze Etemad speak on the cosmological teachings in the Baha'i Faith. He discussed the nature of the spiritual and physical worlds and the progressive and evolutionary nature of religion. During questions and answers, we talked about the role of doubt and faith and reason and investigation. Dr. Etemad emphasized the importance of our own independent investigation of truth and the use of our reason and logic to determine what we ourselves understand to be true, and not rely only on tradition or predominant culture. After our spiritual nourishment from Dr. Etemad's talk, we broke our Fast with a wonderful potluck dinner and fellowship and conversation.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Alexander M Zoltai said...

Whew !

What a Blessing !!

Amy and Leila and You !!!

~ Alex

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger montague said...

beautiful picture! thanks for playing along!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter