Sunday, October 14, 2007

Hawk Mountain, Kempton PA - Autumn Hawk Migration

Today we went to Hawk Mountain for one of my favorite Fall activities, watching the Autumn hawk migration. Because of the recent cold front which came through, it was an excellent day for birdwatching. We saw dozens of Sharp-shinned Hawks, one Golden Eagle, several Red-tailed Hawks, and one Cooper's Hawk. The total count for the day as observed by the official counters was 730 raptors, including 560 Sharp-shinned Hawks.
Hawk Mountain is a wonderful place to visit not only because of their prime location on the Appalachian Flyway, but also because of the extensive public education and conservation work which they sponsor. To find more information (including the daily count) check the Hawk Mountain website.

Hawk watchers at North Lookout. You can see a raptor in the top right corner of the picture.

Official counters making observations.

Another view from North Lookout, looking along the ridge.

Looking across the valley.

4 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

We are in the process of gathering photos for one of our health programs featuring state parks across the nation, and were wondering if you would be interested in featuring one of your wonderful photos in it.

We were specifically interested in IMG_1805, what a great shot!

Please contact Joanna at Health Enhancement Systems. Her email is JoannaD@HESonline.com

Thanks!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thank you! Glad you liked the pics! Yes, you may use my photos, I sent an email to Joanna.

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm just writing to follow up with you about the image we requested. Unfortunately Joanna has not received a response from you yet, which may be because of her spam blocker... not really sure. Why don't you email me directly at KristinC@HESonline.com with the photo and I will be able to get you the proper paper work. Thanks so much!

-Kristin Cronkright

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne,

I really appreciate all of your help with this project! I still need you to fill out a photo release form for the photo, but cannot seem to get through to your email, it keeps bouncing back. I'm not sure if this is on my end or yours, but if you could just email me back I can try and get that to you. I could also fax it over if that is easier. Thanks

Kristin Cronkright
Health Enhancement Systems
KristinC@hesonline.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter