Friday, October 26, 2007

Happiness Only Real When Shared

Tonight I saw the movie "Into the Wild" at The Nineteenth Street Theatre in Allentown, my favorite little artsy theatre. It was one of the most powerful movies I've seen in a long time. I was anticipating its release because I saw some of the beautiful nature scenes in previews, but the real strength of the movie was the insight into the journey of Christopher McCandless, who traveled across the United States and ultimately into Alaska to escape the pain of a troubled childhood and to find his own truth. It is the story of the people he meets along the way, and how he transforms their lives and is in turn impacted by them. It is the story of how we wound one another and how we heal one another. Chris seeks his truth in literature (Tolstoy, Thoreau), nature, travels, relationships, self-reliance, and solitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter