Sunday, September 16, 2007

Remembering Barb

Today we got together for a hike at Beltzville Park to remember our dear friend, sister, and colleague, Barb Kulik. Barb was a devoted friend and sister, an accomplished engineer, a graduate of Cornell University, and a lively, generous, optimistic spirit who loved the natural world. We will miss her deeply, but she left us with beautiful memories and the lovely inspiration of a life lived to the fullest. I will always be inspired by her independent spirit, her cheerful disposition, and her love and appreciation of nature. We thought it would be an appropriate way to remember her by enjoying a hike in a beautiful area where she used to walk and the pleasure of each other's friendship.

Starting out on the hike
Fields of Goldenrod
Girls having fun....

Will it hold, will it hold?? (it did, for the most part....)

Hiking at the beautiful area where we stopped for lunch by the stream and Mountain Laurel

A bubbling stream

Stopping for lunch


Our group

Barb's brothers, Joe and Ray

4 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Anne,

These pictures are great. It's too bad you did not have the camera rolling when I ended up in the drink. I probably floundered around like a beached whale.

Your words about Barb were so moving and so eloquent. Thank you. Friends such as yourself kept Barb going during her toughest times, especially when Ray or I could not be by her side. I'm at her house right now and she is here in spirit. I could not help but to stop and respond to your wonderful blog. I've got to get going if I plan to head back for Atlanta later today. It was so nice to meet you and so many of the others. Thanks to Dave for getting this hike organized.

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne,

Pam let me know you guys were doing this and then forwarded the link to this page. Looks like it was a nice time for all. I went for a small hike with our dogs on a hill nearby our house, probably at about the same time you were in Beltzville, and spent some time thinking about Barb.

Thanks for the photos.

David

PS: I don't remember you as a blonde!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Joe! Yes, that would have been a funny picture of you sliding into the stream!
It was such a pleasure meeting you and Ray, I truly enjoyed getting to know Barb's family and friends. What a treasure she has given us. I hope we can stay in touch,
Anne

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks David! Yes, we had a wonderful time. Nice to know you were "joining us" also, but from New Mexico. You're giving away my secrets! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter